VACATIONING WITH A PETPet Friendly Vacation Rentals
We offer a number of pet friendly properties to choose from and Amelia Island is an ideal place to travel with your pets. There are a number of dog-friendly activities, many restaurants that offer outdoor seating, and most all of the beaches are pet friendly. Please be sure to read our rules and tips below to make the most of your visit to Amelia Island with your pet!
If you are staying in a pet-friendly property and brining a pet, please let us know at the time of booking. For any guests bringing a pet(s), we require a signed copy of the Destination Amelia Pet Agreement to accompany the Rental Agreement. Please be familiar with our pet policies and let us know if you have any questions. Thank you for helping take care of our pet-friendly properties!
- Pet Fee: We require a non-refundable pet fee for guests who choose to bring a pet to a pet-friendly property. The fee can vary by property, length of stay, and number of pets. This is a non-refundable permission fee and not a cleaning fee, so extra charges may be assessed if additional cleaning is required.
- Leash Laws: Pets are required to be leashed when outside. Per Nassau County leash law, no pets should be loose or unattended. We also don't want to see any harm to your pet or other people/pets while unleashed.
- Clean Up: Guests are responsible for cleaning up any/all pet waste and disposing of it properly.
1) Must be current on all vaccinations
2) Must be spayed or neutered
3) Must be sociable with people and other dogs
4) Must be house broken and will not climb on furniture
- Disturbance to Neighbors: Guests should prevent pet(s) from producing excessiive nosise or acting in a way that disturbs neighbors. If pet(s) makes excess noise or disturbance to neighbors or others, guests must be willing to board their pet(s). If left unattended in a property, pets must be crated to prevent damage to the property and excessive barking. Pet(s) will not be left unattended for an undue length of time, either indoors or out.