Summer 2020 UpdateUpdated 5/20/2020
We are open and accepting reservations as of May 20th, 2020, and look forward to welcoming you back to Amelia Island this summer!
The Nassau County Vacation Rental Plan has been approved by the state, which outlines additional precautions for vacation rentals which include:
- A 10-person occupancy cap per unit.
- Guests who recently went on a cruise or who traveled from the New York Tri-State area or Louisiana will have to self-quarantine for 14 days and notify the health department.
- Remote check-in and check-out procedures.
- All rental units will be closed for 18 hours after checkout to allow time for cleaning and inspection.
Enhanced Cleaning ProceduresDestination Amelia wants to ensure our guests that we are taking all possible precautionary measures to ensure the safest experience at our rentals. Our cleaning staff is going the extra mile to provide ultra-clean environments, making sure to not just disinfect all counters, surfaces, tables, chairs, and doorknobs, but also little items like TV remotes, light switches, appliance handles, etc.
We are following enhanced cleaning procedures from the CDC and VRMA (Vacation Rental Management Association) including:
- Requiring the use of protective equipment, including masks and gloves, when staff is present in the property.
- Prioritizing the cleaning of high touch surfaces, such as door handles, light switches, remote controls, appliances, furniture, electronics, etc.
- Cleaning all properties using EPA approved disinfection products.
- Washing all linens, dishware, and other service items between each guest rental.
- Temporarily removing all extra throw blankets, pillows, and other items that can’t be laundered between guests.
- Maintaining adequate time between the conclusion of a guest stay and the check-in of the next guest stay for appropriate cleaning and sanitation (24 hours or longer)
- Providing sufficient soap and surface sanitation supplies for guests to utilize in the property.
- Minimizing guest contact with our staff through remote check-in and check-out procedures.
- Dispatching maintenance technician or vendor only if an issue is something that truly needs to be handled immediately. Non-essential visits will be severely limited or restricted.
- Displaying signage in the property to remind guests of best practices to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including the wiping and sanitation of touched surfaces.
Cancellations and Booking Policies
You can view all of our cancellation and booking policies on our Rental Guidelines page. We want to be accommodating to our guests and flexible where possible, so we encourage you to give us a call at 904.206.9425 and discuss any concerns with our staff.